[Gmsh] To mesh or not to mesh.

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Thu Mar 8 10:54:50 CET 2007

Cécile Giorla wrote:
> Hi,
> My problem is a little more complicated in fact. The small hole volume
> has to be once defined, since I define it with the extrude command (see
> the geo file). Maybe I do not well define the volume. Since I extrude
> the volume, I don't well know the number of the faces created, so I can
> not define a surface loop. I could do it by clicking with the mouse on
> them, but I need to be able to do it a automatic way because at the end,
> I want to generate he geo file with an exterior script.
> Thank you.

Solution 1: just delete the volume, i.e.,

tmp[] = Extrude {0,0,1} {
   Surface{30};
};
Delete { Volume{tmp[1]}; }

// tmp[0] contains the id of the new "top" extruded surface
// tmp[1] contains the id of the new extruded volume

Solution 2: like Jacques said, mesh everything, but only save the parts
you need using physical groups.