[Gmsh] GMSH2.0.4 and UNV export capability

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Sun Mar 11 21:14:14 CET 2007

Deloison, Dominique wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder whether GMSH can really export UNV meshes which are really
> compatible with I-DEAS. With the test I made,  (see joint file), I-DEAS
> was unable to read the UNV file. When I had a look at the file, I found
> a strange way to describe enumbers (ED exponent). When I replaced the ED
> by E-, I-DEAS was then able to read the file.

Hi Dominique - That's strange: the .unv file generated from your
geometry on my Mac is correct. Maybe the little trick we use to write
numbers with D+xx exponents (C/C++ uses E+xx or e+xx instead) is wrong.
I've slightly changed our code to make it more robust, in case some
implementations of fprintf() don't work exactly the same.

The change will be in tomorrow's nightly source snapshot (available on
http://geuz.org/gmsh/src/). Can you give it a try?

Thanks,