[Gmsh] compiling & linking with OpenCASCADE support ?

David Colignon David.Colignon at ulg.ac.be
Tue Mar 27 16:56:33 CEST 2007

Benedikt Oswald wrote:
> Hi Dave, thanks for getting back so quick. Actually,
> in my OpenCASCADE installation there are only *.so libraries, i.e.
>
> [oswald at merlin00 lib]$ pwd
> /home2/oswald/extlib/OpenCASCADE/OpenCascade_6_2_0/ros/Linux/lib
> [oswald at merlin00 lib]$ ls
> libBinLPlugin.so     libTKCAF.so          libTKGeomAlgo.so
> libTKPShape.so       libTKV3d.so         libwokcmd.so
> libBinPlugin.so      libTKCDF.so          libTKGeomBase.so
> libTKService.so      libTKViewerTest.so  libwokdeliverysteps.so
> libBinXCAFPlugin.so  libTKCDLFront.so     libTKHLR.so
> libTKShapeSchema.so  libTKVRML.so        libwokdfltsteps.so
> libFWOSPlugin.so     libTKCPPClient.so    libTKIDLFront.so
> libTKShHealing.so    libTKWOK.so         libwokobjssteps.so
> libmscmd.so          libTKCPPExt.so       libTKIGES.so
> libTKStdLSchema.so   libTKWOKTcl.so      libwokorbixsteps.so
> libPTKernel.so       libTKCPPIntExt.so    libTKjcas.so
> libTKStdSchema.so    libTKXCAFSchema.so  libwoksteps.so
> libStdLPlugin.so     libTKCPPJini.so      libTKLCAF.so
> libTKSTEP209.so      libTKXCAF.so        libwoktoolscmd.so
> libStdPlugin.so      libTKCSFDBSchema.so  libTKMath.so
> libTKSTEPAttr.so     libTKXDEDRAW.so     libwokutilscmd.so
> libTKAdvTools.so     libTKDCAF.so         libTKMesh.so
> libTKSTEPBase.so     libTKXDEIGES.so     libXCAFPlugin.so
> libTKBinL.so         libTKDraw.so         libTKMeshVS.so
> libTKSTEP.so         libTKXDESTEP.so     libXmlLPlugin.so
> libTKBin.so          libTKernel.so        libTKOffset.so
> libTKSTL.so          libTKXmlL.so        libXmlPlugin.so
> libTKBinXCAF.so      libTKFeat.so         libTKOpenGl.so
> libTKTCPPExt.so      libTKXml.so         libXmlXCAFPlugin.so
> libTKBool.so         libTKFillet.so       libTKPCAF.so
> libTKTopAlgo.so      libTKXmlXCAF.so
> libTKBO.so           libTKG2d.so          libTKPLCAF.so
> libTKTopTest.so      libTKXSBase.so
> libTKBRep.so         libTKG3d.so          libTKPrim.so
> libTKV2d.so          libTKXSDRAW.so
>

> I think these are shared objects, I haven't found any lib*.a files.

Yes, they are shared objects, but they also should be recognized by configure.

If you use configure with " --enable-occ --with-occ-prefix=/home2/oswald/extlib/OpenCASCADE/OpenCascade_6_2_0/ros/Linux/ ", does it recognize OCC ?

If it works, what you can do is to put in your /home2/oswald/extlib/OpenCASCADE/OpenCascade_6_2_0/ directory a symbolic link from  lib  to  ros/Linux/lib  and one from inc  to ros/inc , then configure again with " --enable-occ --with-occ-prefix=/home2/oswald/extlib/OpenCASCADE/OpenCascade_6_2_0/ " , and if it works, make ...

Cheers,

Dave