[Gmsh] higher order elements

=?windows-1252?Q?Jean-Fran=8D=E7ois_Remacle?= remacle at gce.ucl.ac.be
Fri Apr 6 15:35:41 CEST 2007

Onur Bakir a écrit :
> Hi,
> I want to make use of meshes with higher order elements (more than 2)
> in an electromagnetic solver that we are creating. How can I use the
> nodes gmsh is generating, in order to interpolate the points on the
> surface of a geometry. I mean, which interpolation functions (also
> called shaping functions, I think) are conforming to these nodes? They
> are all on the actual surface, right? And, one last question: Upto
> which order the mesher is stable?

Hello Onur,

All this stuff is very "under development".

Gmsh provides an output up to ordrer 5.  Incomplete Serendip elements
seems to work fine,
we did some high order FEM using that and it seems to be ok. The nodes
are equidistributed
in the parametric space of the curves.

Gmsh does NOT verify (yet) the positivity of the mappings. I did some
things for triangles
but it is not yet complete.

All this will be improved when we'll get inputs - bugs - suuggestions
from the users community.

Regards,

JF Remacle