[Gmsh] question gmsh-2.0.7

Marcela Cid Alfaro M.V.CidAlfaro at tudelft.nl
Tue Apr 17 10:24:59 CEST 2007

Hi,

   I am a gmsh user and I used to work with the version  1.63.2.
But I downloaded now the version 2.0.7 and I found out that this version
is much faster in creating the mesh of problems with a large amount of
elements , wich is great!! I reduced from about 25 min. to more or less 1
min. for a mesh of around 10700 2D quadratic elements.

   But I found out a little problem (for me) because I used the output
file of gmsh to create another mesh file where I insert interface
elements in between all continuum elements.
    For example I want to generate a mesh of a plate which have two
circles inside of a different material. The problem is that gmsh
creates a node in the point which correspond to the center of the
circunferences and those nodes don't belong to any element. Moreover,
those nodes are included in the .msh file.

  Is there any way to avoid that?

Just in case. I attached here a small file that I made to illustrate the
problem I just explained in this email.

Thanks a lot for your program and your help!

Regards,

Marcela Cid Alfaro
Faculty of Aerospace Engineering
Engineering Mechanics Group