[Gmsh] Print a image file

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed May 9 09:21:19 CEST 2007

David Colignon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't think it is possible:
>
> http://www.geuz.org/pipermail/gmsh/2005/001599.html

> The problem is that Gmsh cannot save an image if the OpenGL window is
> not shown on screen.

Dave, Nader - that's true with the precompiled version. However, if you
really need this feature, you can configure Gmsh with --enable-osmesa
and link it with Mesa (http://www.mesa3d.org): this will enable
offscreen rendering. You can then add printing commands in scripts and
produce pictures in batch mode.

Note that there are some limitations with offscreen rendering at the
moment: most notably text strings are not printed. Also, it has only
been tested on Linux so far.