[Gmsh] building gmesh on Linux

Todd Martin toddm at kol.co.nz
Sun May 20 12:21:56 CEST 2007

Hi Chris

6 years from Ph.D to Professor. I'm impressed.

I compiled gmesh on Linux Mandrake 10.1 with MED 2.2.3, but needed to change
the FLAGS variable in the configuration script, because "med.h" needs one of
these defined: SUN4SOL2, PCLINUX, PCLINUX64_32, OSF1_32, IRIX64_32, RS6000,
F77INT32, HP9000, IRIX64, OSF1, VPP5000, PPRO_NT

Perhaps you could include an option for this?

Also, I built gmesh against Open Cascade 6.2, but the configuration script
would not include HAVE_OCC in FLAGS despite setting --with-occ-prefix and
--enable-occ, because the following condition always failed

if test $ac_cv_lib_TKernel_main = yes; then
  OCC="yes"
else
  OCC="no"
fi

So I forced
  OCC="yes"

and proceeded to make. Everything compiled correctly and I was able to import
IGES, STEP and BREP geometry into gmesh, as expected. I can supply more
detail, if you would like to look into this.

Thanks,
Todd
(BE (Mech), Ph.D)