[Gmsh] Physical Names Section in .msh File

Dan Karipides karipid at txcorp.com
Fri Jul 13 19:48:51 CEST 2007

In the manual in the section describing the version 2.0 ASCII mesh file form
(9.1.2), there is the following note at the end.

Additional sections can be present in the file, which an external parser can
simply ignore.

One such additional section ($PhysicalNames-$EndPhysicalNames) associates
names with

physical entity identification numbers:

$PhysicalNames

number-of-names

phyical-number "physical-name"

$EndPhysicalNames

For my application of gmsh, I think that this section would be very useful.
However, I can't figure out a way to make this section appear, even though I
have physical names defined in the GUI/geometry.  Is there a way to force
this section to appear in the .msh file?  I apologize if this is a FAQ, but
I couldn't find reference to it either in the manual or on the web site.

Thanks,

-Dan

--------

Dan Karipides