[Gmsh] build geometry from *.unv?

pei-ying.hsieh at siemens.com pei-ying.hsieh at siemens.com
Thu Jul 19 15:08:37 CEST 2007

Dear Professor Geuzaine:

Thanks for the answer.  It is really cool to be able to do this.  But,
this leads to a new question:

If I read in a surface mesh from unv, how to tie (connect) this surface
mesh to a surface of a volume in gmsh?
Does unv has information of the geometry?

Pei

Christophe Geuzaine <cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be>
07/19/2007 06:36 AM

pei-ying.hsieh at siemens.com
cc
gmsh at geuz.org
Subject
Re: [Gmsh] build geometry from *.unv?

pei-ying.hsieh at siemens.com wrote:

> Dear GMSH users:
>
> Now that gmsh can read I-DEAS universal format, I am wondering whether
> it is possible to build gemetry based on the unv mesh.  If yes, what are

> the steps to do this.
>
> What will be the purposes of importing unv mesh into gmsh?

You can e.g. read a surface mesh in .unv format and mesh the volume.

> Thanks!
>
> Pei

This message and any included attachments are from Siemens Medical
Solutions
and are intended only for the addressee(s).
The information contained herein may include trade secrets or privileged
or
otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding,
printing,
copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited
and may
be unlawful. If you received this message in error, or have reason to
believe
you are not authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this message
and
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to
Central.SecurityOffice at siemens.com

Thank you