[Gmsh] internal boundaries in gmsh

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Mon Oct 1 11:30:01 CEST 2007

Jean-François Remacle wrote:
> Christophe Geuzaine a écrit :
>> Gergina V Pencheva wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to generate a simple 2d domain with an internal boundary (a
>>> square with a crack in it). I tried different things but nothing seemed
>>> to work. Is it possible at all to do this in GMSH?
>>>

>> With the current version it's not possible: you need to connect this
>> internal boundary with the exterior boundary.
>>

> Indeed it IS possible to do that,

Not with the version available on the web (2.0.8). You'll need to
download and compile the latest source snapshot for this to work
(http://geuz.org/gmsh/src/gmsh-nightly-source.tgz).

Also, beware that it will only work with Gmsh's native models (not
models imported from STEP/IGES files), and only in 2D for now.

Ch.