[Gmsh] Gmsh

=?windows-1252?Q?Jean-Fran=8D=E7ois_Remacle?= jean-francois.remacle at uclouvain.be
Sun Oct 21 10:23:03 CEST 2007

augusta.neto at dem.uc.pt a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am a Professor in the University of Coimbra Portugal and right now i am finish
> a postdoc in the Utah state university.
>
> I am trying to find a mesh program that can be called from fortran enviroment to
> generat geometry and mesh, This is for shape oprimization for example. You think
> that this it will be possible with the Gmsh program?

Yes, indeed.  Gmsh is written in C++, but easy bindings to fortran could
be done.
There is a way of building of gmsh without the GUI. If you don't want to
use the full
GUI version, a good starting point is Box/Box.cpp. This gives you the
main pointers to the meshing
routines: Box/Main.cpp is the main routine called when running the
non-GUI version of Gmsh, i.e., the version configured with --disable-gui.

JF Remacle