[Gmsh] Post-processing results using the 20-node Incomplete Hexahedron

Lucas Blattner Martinho lucas.blattner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 16:21:22 CET 2007

Hello,

     I have used the 20-node incomplete second order hexahedron to make some
computations in Electromagnetics, and now I want to display my results using
the Parsed post-processing file format.
     However, in gmsh's post processing file formats documentation (
http://www.geuz.org/gmsh/doc/texinfo/gmsh-full.html#SEC68) there is no
reference to this kind of element... Among the 47 object types displayed in
the previous web-link, there is no string (such as SB, VP and so on)
belonging to an hexadron with 20 nodes...
     Isn´t it possible to use this kind of element with  Gmsh's
post-processor?

Thank you very much,
Lucas Blattner Martinho

LMAG - Laboratório de Eletromagnetismo Aplicado
USP - Universidade de São Paulo, São Paulo - Brazil
www.lmag.pea.usp.br