[Gmsh] Volume mesh based on surface mesh - possible?

Hsieh, Pei-Ying (MED US) pei-ying.hsieh at siemens.com
Wed Nov 28 22:16:18 CET 2007

Dear GMSH experts:

If I import a surface mesh into gmsh (say an unv mesh file) without
geometry.  I then build the geometry in gmsh.  How to associate each
surface mesh to each face (or is this even possible)?  The goal is to
generate volume mesh and still has the face information so that boundary
conditions can be specified later.

Is there any such example/tutorial?  Can anyone point to me a direction?

Thanks!

Pei

-------------------------------------
Pei-Ying Hsieh, Ph.D.
Staff Product Engineer
Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics
511 Benedict Ave., MS 32
Tarrytown, NY 10591
USA
Phone: (914)524-3146
fax:   (914)524-3128
email: Pei-Ying.Hsieh at siemens.com
www.siemens.com/diagnostics

and are intended only for the addressee(s).
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to Central.SecurityOffice at siemens.com

Thank you