[Gmsh] The GUI suggestions + new bug

Bernhard Kubicek bernhard.kubicek at arsenal.ac.at
Tue Dec 4 11:23:13 CET 2007

I think he means reading and writing of vtk files (postprocessing). I
wrote a converter of gmsh-pos format to vtk myself, which however I am
not allowed to share without money.
The legacy vtk file format is fairly easy:
http://www.vtk.org/pdf/file-formats.pdf
It could be implemented that reading a vtk file loads a mesh, an
multiple post-processing views.
Also, it would be nice to being able to load some gmsh-pos files, and
then save them alltogether in a single vtk file.

Alternatively, I think it would be very cool to use vtk as renderer for
gmsh. But that would be a big change.

very nice greetings,
 Bernhard