[Gmsh] Definig a surface that combine existing surfaces.

Maka Mohu maka.mohu at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 19:19:05 CET 2008

I'm looking for a surface command that can combine already existing
surfaces.

Motivation:

while writing a gmsh script to generate a mesh for complex geometry, it is
useful to separate it into functions A problem that I face now is as
follows:

Assume that you have functions F1 ... F3
each of them generate the geometry for a complex surface S1 ... Sn by
building each surface out of a group of small surfaces a1 ...an. What you
would like to have is a feature that allows each function to group all the
defined surfaces a1 ... an in one surface A that will by used by the rest of
the program. If we do not have a way for this thin any modification in
function F1 will have consequences on the rest of the program which harms
the modularity of the solution. For this one needs:

1) a surface command that can combine already existing surfaces.

according to my understanding: I can not use surface loops for this, since
loops has to build a closed volume. I also can not use Physical surface for
this since it is not accepted by Surface loop command. Thanks.

Best regards,
Maka.