[Gmsh] Large postprocessing file

Jozsef Bakosi jbakosi at gmu.edu
Thu Apr 3 16:30:53 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to load the following files:

http://camp.gmu.edu/jbakosi/pub/20.pos
http://camp.gmu.edu/jbakosi/pub/1_smallwindow.pos

Both load fine on a machine with 1GB RAM but I'm having a problem
even start loading it. I doubt it's a problem of memory, because the
large file loads fine on a machine with small RAM (starts swapping),
while the large one doesn't even start on a machine with 16G. No error
message, no crash, just nothing.

I also looked at ulimit, with no luck. Also the systems I'm trying with
are: Debian (loads fine), Suse, Fedora (fails).

Is there any other limitation I'm missing?

I'm trying to load an even bigger file if this works, like 15G.

Please let me know if you need more information and cc me because I'm
not currently subscribed.

Thanks,
Jozsef