[Gmsh] correction and question

=?windows-1252?Q?Jean-Fran=8D=E7ois_Remacle?= jean-francois.remacle at uclouvain.be
Thu Apr 24 10:12:11 CEST 2008

PLM Kerkhof a écrit :
> Dear colleagues,
>
> A reference to GMSH was mentioned in an IEEE Trans BME publication (February
> 2008 issue page 656). However, the meaning of the acronym was not explained.
> When I used Google I found your site.

My interpretation of Gmsh's name is the following

Long time ago, I wrote a mesh generator called msh ("msh" was and is
still the extension
of our mesh filenames).

Then christophe geuzaine entered the project. At the time, the source
code was in a directory
called "msh".

He took the sources and moved them in another directory called gmsh, g
for geuzaine.

We live with it.

JFR