[Gmsh] mesh generation command from socket connection?

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Apr 30 21:37:11 CEST 2008

Gerd Meiser wrote:
> Dear Gmsh users!
>
> Finally I found out how to use the utils/solvers/c++/interactive.cpp
> example to control gmsh through sockets.
>
> However, I am only able to add points, lines and surfaces, but I don't
> know the command to actually generate the mesh and save it to a file.
> Sounds silly, but I couldn't find it in the reference manual.
>
> Would you please tell me the command? (I hope there is one)

Hi Gerd - there is none... It might seem a bit weird, but it's because
in "batch" mode usually you mesh by specifying a special command line
argument (e.g. "-3" for 3-D mesh). It's something we should add in a
future release.

What do you plan to use the socket interface for? (Maybe using Gmsh
directly as a library would better fit your application?)