[Gmsh] Enforced vertexes on plane for parallel domain decomposition

Shi Jin jinzishuai at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 22:24:52 CEST 2008

Thank you very much David.
I tried to what you suggested and it is working.
Please see the attached image.
The .geo file looks like :
Point(1) = {-2, 0, 4, element_dim} ;
Point(2) = {2, 0, 0, element_dim} ;
Point(3) = {2, 0, 9, element_dim};
Point(4) = {-2, 0, 9, element_dim};

Point(5) = {-2, 0, 5, element_dim};
Point(6) = {2, 0, 5, element_dim};

Line(11) = {1,2};
Line(12) = {2,6};
Line(13) = {6,5};
Line(14) = {5,1};

Line(15)={6,3};
Line(16)={3,4};
Line(17)={4,5};

Line Loop (21)={11,12,13,14};
Line Loop (22)={-13,15,16,17};

Plane Surface(31) = {21};
Plane Surface(32) = {22};

However, this process requires a lot of manual input and can be very tedious for large domains divided into many pieces. I am wondering if there is any tricks in Gmsh that can help me reduce the work, such as breaking a large line loop into two overlapping smaller ones.

Thanks again.
--
Shi Jin, PhD