[Gmsh] Error due to many volumes

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Mon Jun 9 08:28:43 CEST 2008

Romain Quey wrote:
> Dear Gmsh developers, dear all,
>
> Using gmsh 2.2.0 on Linux, I'm having the following error:
>
> $ gmsh -3 n1100-id1.geo
> Info    : Parsing file 'n1100-id1.geo'
> Error   : [on processor 0] Unable to open file 'n1100-id1.msh'
>
> My geo file contains many 'Volume' definitions (1100) -- see the
> attached example.
>
> Browsing the source files, I've found that this problem probably comes
> from 'Parser/Gmsh.tab.cpp':

This code is unrelated to your error (you don't include any files in
your .geo).

The message means that Gmsh could not open the output file for writing:
you might not have write pemissions in the directory, or the disk might
be full, ...?

I could mesh your geometry without problems on my laptop. (For
repetitive geometries like this you might want to use a function to
generate each block; and maybe generate the grid by extrusion.)