[Gmsh] Error

Jose Paulo Moitinho de Almeida moitinho at civil.ist.utl.pt
Thu Jun 19 11:09:43 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 18 June 2008, Cristiano Saboia Ruschel wrote:
> When I try to run gmsh, I get the following message on terminal?
>
> *********************************WARN_ONCE*********************************
> File r300_mem.c function r300_mem_alloc line 225
> Ran out of GART memory (for 1048576)!
> Please consider adjusting GARTSize option.
> Error: could not get dma buffer ... exiting
>

> After that, the program closes itself.
> Does someone knows what can I do to solve this problem?
> Thanks for the attention.
> Cristiano Saboia Ruschel

This has nothing to do with gmsh. It is a problem with the driver of your your ATI graphics card.
Did you try googling for it? The first two links found by

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Ran+out+of+GART+memory%22+%22Please+consider+adjusting+GARTSize+option.%22&btnG=Search

propose the same solution.

ZP