[Gmsh] configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found

MGlocken at aol.com MGlocken at aol.com
Sun Jun 29 20:49:15 CEST 2008

Hi,

I´ve got the mistake. I just had to change the prefix from c:/Programme...
to c/Programme...:

$  ../../mount_gmsh_1/configure
--with-fltk-prefix=c/Programme/FEM_GMSH/fltk-1.1.9

But know the next problem comes. GSL will not be found. Here the last  output
lines from a configure run:

checking for ./contrib/MathEval/matheval.cpp... no
checking for main in  -lgslcblas... Test x02: ac_try: ./$ac_file, ac_link:
$CXX -o conftest$ac_exeext  $CXXFLAGS $CPPFLAGS $LDFLAGS conftest.$ac_ext $LIBS
>&5
Test x021:  ac_cv_lib_gslcblas_main: no
Test x03: LIBS: -lm  gslcblas:
no
Test x1: LIBS: -lm
checking for main in -lgsl... no
checking  for ./contrib/NR/dsvdcmp.cpp... no
Test q1:  ac_cv_file___contrib_NR_dsvdcmp_cpp: no
Test x2: LIBS: -lm
This  is the free version of Gmsh and configure could not find
the GNU Scientific  Library (GSL) on your system:
- if it is installed in a non-standard  location, please run
configure again with the --with-gsl-prefix  option
- if it is not installed on your system, you can download it  from
_http://sources.redhat.com/gsl/_ (http://sources.redhat.com/gsl/)

IMPORTANT NOTE: You need to install GSL version 1.2 or above.  All
versions <= 1.1.1 have a bug in the singular value  decomposition
algorithm that will cause Gmsh to hang during mesh  generation.
configure:  error: Could not find GSL, aborting.

I have added some output of the variables, so that it may become  clearer.

Does anybody know the solution?

Greetings,

Michael  Glockenmeier

Fa.  Michael Glockenmeier