[Gmsh] Using Gmsh

Alyssa Papalopa alyssa527 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 19 23:06:32 CEST 2008

I have a large rectanglar surface with a course characteristic length (CL).  Inside it I need to make a small rectangular surface with a fine CL.

I am very new to Gmsh. What is the best way to do this?

I tried to simply place a new small rectangle with the fine CL inside the large rectangle but this does not seem work.  I get two separate, overlaid meshes.
I tried to create a rectangular hole in the large surface and then add back in the small rectangle with the fine CL.  This works but is very tedious to do manually, especially for very complex geometries and for volumes.
Regards,
Alyssa

See what people are saying about Windows Live.  Check out featured posts.
http://www.windowslive.com/connect?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_connect2_082008