[Gmsh] How to install gmsh on Fedora 9

Gijsbert Wierink gijsbert.wierink at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 15:42:19 CEST 2008

Hi Lucas,

Many thank you for your quick response! I followed your instruction
and it works!

Best regards,

Gijsbert

2008/10/2 Gijsbert Wierink <gijsbert.wierink at gmail.com

>* Dear all,
*>*
*>* I would like to use gmsh on my Fedora 9 system to generate geometries and
*>* meshes for CFD simulations. When I downloaded and untarred the latest stable
*>* version (2.2.4) from http://geuz.org/gmsh/ and tried to run the executable
*>* gmsh by ./gmsh. The terminal responded by saying "./gmsh: error while
*>* such file or directory". Since I am a beginner in linux I have some trouble
*>* getting gmsh to work and cannot find clear instructions. In other words, can
*>* anyone help me with a monkey manual for how to install gmsh in my system?
*>*
*>* Many thanks in advance.
*>*
*>* Rgds, Gijsbert