[Gmsh] two bugs

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri Oct 3 08:19:08 CEST 2008

John Doe wrote:
> According to the web page, bugs should be filed on the mailing list.
> I have two.
>
> Bug #1:
> If I create a 3d box with corners 1e-5 apart with 5e-7 characteristic
> length at each corner, the program crashes.  If I do the same with 1
> and 0.05.  This is with the stable source code version

Hi John - it's a known problem with the 3D Netgen algorithm. Using
Tetgen+Delaunay should solve this.

(Try first with a binary from the website. To build from sources, you
need to download tetgen from the web and copy the .cxx and .h files into
gmsh/contrib/Tetgen/.)

> Bug #2:
> Compilation of the stable source code fails if GL/gl.h is missing.
> The configure script misses this on linux.

We rely on fltk's "fltk-config" script to detect OpenGL on Linux. We
should maybe include additional tests...