[Gmsh] Management of several meshes

Olivier Pierard olivier.pierard at cenaero.be
Wed Oct 15 11:50:43 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I'm currently making some develpements in Gmsh and facing some
difficulties with multi-meshes management.

Basic idea was, as stated in the source file, to modify MergeFile
function and create new GModel instead of merging the two meshes in
GModel::current.
But any call to Draw() function (and there are lots of them !) calls
finally Draw_Mesh(), which uses GModel::current, so that only one mesh
would be drawn at a time.
So my question is do I just have to loop over all models in this
function to draw all of them or is it much more complex (I haven't tried
yet because I wanted to avoid any modification in the 'Graphics'
library...) ?
Appearently, you are going to change the mesh files management.  When
could we expect it and would it be done in the same way as explained above ?

On the other hand, since we are dealing with several models, it would be
nice to be able to select/unselect them from the View panel (e.g. in
Post-processing).  So, my question is:
- Is it possible to have create a view with only a mesh (format 1.0).
 From what I noticed, in readMSH function, a PViewDataGModel* is
created.  To add a view, do I just have to create a PView with these data ?

Thank you very much !

Olivier

--
Olivier Pierard