[Gmsh] Hybrid mesh and combine triangles in quadrilaterals

Durufle Marc Marc.Durufle at math.u-bordeaux1.fr
Tue Oct 21 12:21:27 CEST 2008

Hi,
I have two questions :

1- How do you create hybrid meshes in 2-D (quad-dominant with a few
triangles) ?
 Until now, I am using the Recombine option, but often I get non-convex
quadrilaterals.
 In the picture attached to this message, you can see that two elements
(in black) are non-convex
quads and that's a problem ... So, often I change the characterisc
length in the hope that I will have only
fine quadrilaterals. Is it possible to require that all quadrilaterals
are convex ?

2- In 3-D, when I try "Recombine Volume", it doesn't work. So, how is it
possible with gmsh
to create 3-D hexahedral-dominant meshes (with some tets, pyramids and
wedges) ?

Thank you for your help.

PS : I am using gmsh 2.24