[Gmsh] Save UI - Impact on Impact

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Oct 22 21:21:23 CEST 2008

Brenda Ellen Make wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In reading the recent posts about the tetehediraize,
> Just a small comment on Gmsh GUI, but at times I wished that .msh format
> was a default instead of doing a non-standard "guess by extension."

The .msh format is actually the default. Use the File->Save Mesh menu
(or the "Save" button in the Mesh module) to do a quick save.

> I've been seeing some posts about the 2D to 3D process. I've created
> some tetehedizied meshes that have failed in Impact FEM, throwing
> errors. Is there anything about the output from gmsh that could have
> caused Impact to have problems?

Maybe Impact only understands version 1 of the .msh format ? You can
choose the format in the File->Save as dialog; or set it by default to
version 1 by adding

Mesh.MshFileVersion = 1;

in your option file.