[Gmsh] Hexa mesh with extruded mesh

Ruth V. Sabariego r.sabariego at ulg.ac.be
Wed Nov 12 14:48:52 CET 2008

Hi Umut,

For a surface, meshed with triangles:
If you extrude without Recombine, you get tetrahedra.
If you  extrude with Recombine, you get prisms.

For a surface, meshed with quadrangles (use first lines of your code):
If you extrude without Recombine, no 3D mesh is generated. A little bug?
We'll have a look.
If you  extrude with Recombine, you get hexaedra.

Ruth