[Gmsh] Wall-mounted Cube!

Daniel WEI lakeat at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 17:18:01 CET 2008

Error   : Cannot tetrahedralize volume with quadrangles on boundary

Dear developer!

A nice day to you!
I am new to GMSH, but I like it very much, it's beautiful and very good, very comfortable to use! I enjoy in mousing over it.

Now I met a problem when I am trying to mesh a wall-mounted cube in CFD, more defnitely I am using DES (Detached eddy simulation).
I need to know exactly the spacing in streamwise and spanwise, and of course in the direction normal to the wall.
So, I use structured mesh near the cube by putting the cube in a littel larger-size box, and within this box, the mesh is structured so that I can easily modify it in the future.
But Outside of the box, that is in the wind-tunnel, I want to use unstructured grids. However I met many errors here. (2D mesh is ok, but 3D crashed!)

Error   : Cannot tetrahedralize volume with quadrangles on boundary

The geo file is attached! Could you give me some help?
And Could you tell me how to effeciently write a geo file as in my case, and am I in a good style for GMSH-scripting?

Thanks in advance!
Regards,

2008-11-16

Daniel WEI