[Gmsh] API access?

Billy Araújo billy at dem.uminho.pt
Sun Nov 16 17:42:12 CET 2008

Hi,

Gmsh is a great tool for pre- and post-processing. It also a good idea that Gmsh is solver agnostic and I think that it should always remain that way. However, many users of FEA and CFD complain about the editing of input files. It would be nice if Gmsh framework allowed the easy deployment of solver specific pre-processing tools and make Gmsh the front-end GUI for most open source CFD, FEA tools. This would be similar to an API access.

This is just an idea and I am aware that this might be too much work and may be difficult to do without funding. Anyway, please keep on the great work.

Regards,

Billy.