[Gmsh] SOLVED Export Data into ASCII

Schwaab, Holger Holger.Schwaab at imf.fzk.de
Fri Nov 21 11:01:43 CET 2008

Hi,

thanks a lot for your help. It works as far as I need. If I now cut it into points or a line is it now possible (and how?) to export the data in an ascii file so I can plot or manipulate the date by external software.

Thanks again for your help

            Holger

Hi,

the Problem is solved by export RAW TEXT.

Sorry for disturbing

            Holger

Schwaab, Holger wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm using gmsh as an postprocessor for my FEAP-Results. So the Data

> import works great. But I couldn't find the basic feature to probe

> values a long a specified line. For example you have an 3D problem an

> you want to export you results for X=0,Y=0 an Z from 0 ...10 in an

> specified increment. Is this already possible ?? How difficult it

> would

Yes: Tools->Plugins->Cut Grid or Cut Parametric

> be to program a small python script to solve this problem, as the

> interpolation of the Date is already implemented in the PROBE Plug-in.

> Thanks

>             Holger

Holger Schwaab

Institut für Materialforschung II