[Gmsh] Lagrangian mesh

Neil Morrison nfm24 at cantab.net
Fri Dec 12 17:58:34 CET 2008

Hi,

Is it possible to use Gmsh to visualise / animate a Lagrangian mesh simulation, i.e. with a
different mesh at each time step (mesh moves with the flow)?

I write a separate ".msh" file at each time-step, with the current node positions and
elements, and then in $NodeData I define the fields over the nodes, for the current
time-step.  So far I could only display the fields for each individual file, I couldn't
animate them. Each file had to be opened separately.

I know that Gmsh can animate multiple time-step data provided that the mesh remains the same,
but in my simulations the mesh is different at each time-step.

Many thanks,
Neil