[Gmsh] transfinite volume error

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Sun Dec 28 12:02:04 CET 2008

Fabian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting  an error message for a simple room geometry:
>
> Info    : Meshing volume 106 (transfinite)
> Error   : Incompatible surface 58 in transfinite volume 106
> Error   : Cannot tetrahedralize volume with quadrangles on boundary
> Info    : Mesh 3D complete (0.004001 s)
> Info    : 4063 vertices 4819 elements
>
> Unfortunately I have not idea, what I am doing wrong using
> 2.2.7-cvs-20081201!? I attached the geo file.
> Would be nice, if anyone has a suggestion, what I am doing wrong!?

Hi Fabian - You didn't do anything wrong: we forgot to update the
transfinite volume meshing algorithm to take into account the fact that
we now allow "implicit" transfinite surfaces (when you don't specify the
corners by hand). This should be fixed in the next nightly build.

We've also added shortcuts ("*") to simplify Transfinite and Recombine
definitions: cf. attached file.

Thanks for the bug report!

Christophe

PS: wouldn't Extrude be simpler than Transfinite in this case?