[Gmsh] Retain mesh specifications when copying geometry using Duplicata{}

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Sun Dec 28 12:02:28 CET 2008

Tom De Vuyst wrote:
> Hi Christophe,
>
> I have a question regarding the use of the Duplicata option when copying
> geometry. Is it possible to retain the mesh specifictations (Transfinite
> Line, Recombine, ...) applied to the initial geometry? Attached you will
> find an example which illustrates this.

Hi Tom - Unfortunately not, because this would break e.g. extrusion. One
thing we were thinking about was to add an option to the Duplicata
command to actually copy the mesh (would be very useful for periodic
grids). The details are a bit tricky though, so I don't know when we'll
have time to implement it.