[Gmsh] Representation of moment of beam

Corrado Chisari corra85 at tiscali.it
Thu Jan 8 22:09:00 CET 2009

There's a possibility to plot the real moment of a beam, without linear
interpolation? when a distributed load acts on the beam, the
representation should be parabolic, not linear. I thought I could use
the plugin "evaluate", but it works for nodes, while I need to change
the interpolation, not node values.
Thank you for your wonderful program, especially for geometry module
which is much much better than everything I saw in commercial FEM programs!
Corrado Chisari

Michele Mocciola wrote:
>/ I would like to represent moment of a beam like a
/>/ curve line referred to the beam ( points on the beam
/>/ are zero values and distance between the curve and the
/>/ beam is the moment value ).
/>/ How can I get it?
/
In recent nightly builds you can use the "Normal raise" option (in
Options->View->Offset)

>/ Thanks.
/>/
/>/
/>/ Be a better sports nut!  Let your teams follow you
/>/ with Yahoo Mobile. Try it now.  http://mobile.yahoo.com/sports;_ylt=At9_qDKvtAbMuh1G1SQtBI7ntAcJ
/>/
/>/ gmsh mailing list
/>/ gmsh at geuz.org <http://www.geuz.org/mailman/listinfo/gmsh>