[Gmsh] Double inner surfaces (RE: cross section from Solidworks into gmsh)

Zenker, Dr. Matthias Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.de
Fri Feb 6 10:34:18 CET 2009

There is a still a problem, however: In the case of adjacent bodies, the
procedure below does not work. The reason is that each body is
represented by a closed outer surface (which becomes a line in 2D), so
that there are two surfaces (lines) between the two bodies. It follows
that SolidWorks cannot produce 2D data. So I have to take the 3D STEP as
before and manually remove the 3rd dimension and the second lines
between all adjacent bodies. This is rather tedious and takes time.
(First remove the 3rd dimension: volumes, surfaces, lines, points. Then
identify the problematic regionswhere there is a double line between
adjacent surfaces. Delete one of the adjacent surfaces. Delete the
corresponding line at the interface. Delete its points. Redefine the
surface which was deleted before.)

Any hint how this can be done in a more elegant way would be most
welcome.

Matthias