[Gmsh] coupling python writer with GMSH?

Pierre JUILLARD pierre.juillard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 22:31:45 CET 2009

Hi all,

I would like to know if somehow, it is possible to execute Python scripts
from GMSH to export meshes into ouput files?
That is to say, with a standard GMSH installation, is there a way to make it
"aware" of "plug-ins" that can be used to write mesh in an output file?
And can this plug-ins be written in an interpeted language (no compilation
needed)?

Well, in short, if I want a mesh in a given format, how can I implement it
into GMSH without having to deal with compilation?
(is it visible that compilation scares me? well, sorry...;-))

Cheers,

Pierre