[Gmsh] Gmsh assistance

Sommerville, Shayne Shayne.Sommerville at dsto.defence.gov.au
Wed Feb 18 06:15:28 CET 2009

Hi,

I am after some assistance with a meshing project I am currently working
on.  I should point out that I am new to gmsh and am getting my
experience "on the job".

A little about what I am trying to do: I want to generate a mesh that I
will import into a CFD package to analyse aerodynamic properties of an
aircraft.  I have tried to setup the domain in a way that varies the
grade of the mesh from course to fine as it approaches the aircraft.
The issue seems to be with the second of two volumes I have - I can
generate mesh for the outboard domain (volume 845 in .geo file) but
cannot avoid errors when I try and include the finer mesh (volume 852 in
the .geo file).  The file I have so far probably isn't written that well
in terms of useability.  I have included the .geo and .gmsh-errors files
for reference.  If the .igs

 <<MRH90fuselageFS_mod.geo>>  <<.gmsh-errors>>

Any help you have on this matter would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Shayne.

Shayne Sommerville
Helicopter Structural Integrity - Air Vehicles Division
Defence Science & Technology Organisation
506 Lorimer Street, Fishermans Bend VIC 3207
Phone: +61 3 9626 8564
Fax: +61 3 9626 7089
email: shayne.sommerville at dsto.defence.gov.au
P  Please consider our environment before printing this email
IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence
Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the
CRIMES ACT 1914. If you have received this email in error, you are
requested to contact the sender and delete the email.