[Gmsh] Ahmed Body and meshing with a lot of volumes

Louis Gagnon louis.gagnon.10 at ulaval.ca
Wed Mar 4 15:41:30 CET 2009

Fabian,

concerning the Ahmed body, I am currently meshing it using threshold
fields.

My boundary layer use was not very successful as the body does not have
enough zones where a structured boundary layer mesh is really useful and
the boundary layer function of Gmsh requires one to have a boundary
layer on the whole surface. I might try to refine surfaces in order to
still make structured B.L. usage attractive.

Regards,

-Louis