[Gmsh] extrude error message

ZhouBin zhoubinwx at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 11 09:53:09 CEST 2009

Dear Christophe,

This is Zhou Bin writing from Italy :)

First of all, wish you a happy festival.

Now I have a test case for my model. I have tried to solve it for half a month, but I can not find a solution. Therefore I'd like to send you this test case. If you have some extra time, would you please have a test?

As you could see from the file "H13_mesh_problem", when we do not use extrude on the bottom of file "Gmsh_April11_test_case.geo", then we open this file and generate 2-D mesh, that's fine. Gmsh will automatically correct some errors, saying:
Warning : :-) Gmsh was able to recover all edges after 4 ITERATIONS

But when we extrude 2-D to 3-D with that bottom line, it will display:
Info    : Meshing surface 4705 (extruded)
Info    : Linear search for (60.67335243582266, 20, 0.0046667)
Error   : Could not find extruded vertex (60.67335243582266, 20, 0.0046667) in surface 4705

I do not know why Gmsh can not find the vertex, I have checked every circle, and they are ok.

Dear Christophe, would you please take a look at my problem?

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards,

Bin

Messenger安全保护中心,免费修复系统漏洞,保护Messenger安全!