[Gmsh] fine to coarse mesh using watershed boundaries

Merriman, Katherine Katherine.Merriman at saic.com
Wed May 6 01:15:20 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to make a gradient mesh going from a fine, 2m resolution to
a coarse 90m resolution from watershed boundaries in intervals.  My
intervals will be 2m, 4m, 8m, 16m, 32m, 48m, 90m.  These intervals were
created from the 2m resolution watershed boundary using the buffer
function in ESRI ArcMap for 4m, 8m, etc.  The outputs were then exported
into a text file so I could import into gmsh.  I have all my data loaded
into gmsh, but cannot figure out how to create meshes between the
boundaries.  I end up having one mesh overlap the previous one.  I
basically want to do the 2D mesh between the circles that is done in
your screen shots Creating a simple 3D model.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

Katie Merriman

SAIC, Environmental Hydrologic Modeler