[Gmsh] Connecting faces patch

Mark van Doesburg mark.van.doesburg at technolution.nl
Tue May 12 11:42:43 CEST 2009

Hello,

I've "finished" the patch to connect faces in OpenCASCADE models. The
patch to implement this is attached. I am sure there a quite a
few problems left in the code, but it works for most of my models.
The problems I already mentioned in a previous mail are not fixed.
I did solve a problem I encountered in a model of my own, where a single
surface had to be cut multiple times by partially overlapping wires.
Unfortunately I can come up with ways to make a model to break this, the
only way to fix seems to be to apply one cut at a time and the create the
new model. After the model is re-created the next cut should be done, on
the new model. It is already painfully slow, so I'm not going to do this.

The whole solution is not to my satisfaction, but it works on the things
I want to do with it. Creating a proper solution would, unfortunately,
take too much time.

I also included the BRL CAD to OpenCASCADE converter in
utils/converters/g-brep. This directory also contains a BRL CAD model
I used for testing including a brep result.

regards,

Mark van Doesburg