[Gmsh] Problem with menus in 2.3.1

Michael Carley m.j.carley at bath.ac.uk
Mon Jun 1 10:15:32 CEST 2009

On Sun, 31 May 2009, Christophe Geuzaine wrote:

> Michael Carley wrote:
>> I have recently downloaded and compiled version 2.3.1 of gmsh but there is
>> a problem with the pop-up menus, for example Tools->Options. The window
>> does not have the buttons `Apply as default' and `Cancel' to allow me to
>> close the window. Is this is a known problem?
>>
>> An image of a window is at:
>>
>> http://staff.bath.ac.uk/ensmjc/window.jpg
>>

> Hi Michael - It's normal: the new layout just conforms to how a
> "palette" window should work. Just use the close button in the window
> title bar to close it. The "Apply as default" option has been moved to the
> "File" menu.

There is no close button in the window title bar. The image:

http://staff.bath.ac.uk/ensmjc/window.jpg

shows all there is. There is no button for the other windows I have
checked.

Could this be an issue with my window manager (fvwm2) or with the versions
of libraries I am using?

--
`To tell the truth, let us be honest at least, it is some considerable
 	  time since I last knew what I was talking about.'