[Gmsh] Coïncidence noeuds/points

Gerard Fleury gerard.fleury at inrs.fr
Tue Jun 2 09:59:43 CEST 2009

Hello,

Thank you very much for you answer. This is logical but this is not a solution
for my task.

The end task I want achieve is to mesh a surface, with some nodes located at some
given positions. These nodes may be located on the surface boundary (on the lines) as well
as in the middle of the surface.
I need these nodes for the FE-calculation to assign them with some boundary conditions
(load ...etc).
As far as the surface is a plane surface, I have no problem to do that (see please the .geo file below).

How can I do that for surfaces, which are not plane any more?

Of course I can define many and many "Ruled surfaces" limited with four lines. But the structure I want to mesh is an
industrial stucture with a complex geometry, so that it will be too difficult and time-consuming to use these method.

The number of lines for defintion of a "Ruled surfaces" is limited to four. May be there is a way to force the mesh to have nodes coincident with intermediary points of the four splines (or lines) defining the ruled surface?

I hope, that despite my english level, I am clear enough to make you understanding my question.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Kind regards

Gérard Fleury