[Gmsh] Transformations on Physical Entities

Konstantinos Poulios logari81 at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 9 22:57:24 CEST 2009

hi,

I ve spent some hours to figure out a way to make a polar pattern of a
created mesh. At the beginning I thought it would be such easy as to define
a physical entity containing the meshed geometry I would like to repeat and
then apply a Rotate+Duplicata Transformation on this physical entity in
order to fill up a whole circumference. Soon I realized that transformations
cannot be applied on physical entities. The best solution I ve found up to
now is to pack the mesh creation into a function and call it repeatidly in
order to generate the polar pattern I wanted. I find this solution too
complex and difficultly extendible. Wouldn't it be great to have the
posibility to apply transformations on physical enities and in that way let
a transformation to apply on geometry and mesh simultaneously?

Makes my wish sense or did I miss something?

Kostas