[Gmsh] Compilation with Opencascade fails (Debian Lenny)

David Colignon David.Colignon at ulg.ac.be
Thu Jun 11 12:48:03 CEST 2009

the error message was :

 > g++ -g -O2 -o bin/gmsh -Llib -lGmshFltk -lGmshCommon -lGmshMesh -lGmshPost -lGmshPlugin -lGmshGeo -lGmshCommon
-lGmshGraphics -lGmshParser -lGmshNumeric -lGmshTreeBrowser -lfltk_images -lfltk_gl -lfltk -lGLU -lGL -lpng -lGmshANN
-lGmshChaco -lGmshMetis -lGmshNetgen -lGmshMathEval -lTKSTEP -lTKSTEP209 -lTKSTEPAttr -lTKSTEPBase -lTKIGES -lTKXSBase
-lTKOffset -lTKFeat -lTKFillet -lTKBool -lTKShHealing -lTKMesh -lTKHLR -lTKBO -lTKPrim -lTKTopAlgo -lTKGeomAlgo -lTKBRep
-lTKGeomBase -lTKG3d -lTKG2d -lTKAdvTools -lTKMath -lTKernel -lz -llapack  -lf77blas -latlas -lgfortran -lm

 > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGmshGeo

 > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

 > make: *** [link] Error 1

so it seems that the compilation in the Geo directory failed for some reason.

Can you  try " cd Geo ; make " and send back the output ?

Dave

--
David Colignon, Ph.D.
Collaborateur Logistique du F.R.S.-FNRS