[Gmsh] Control over meshing resolution in C++

Nicolas.Saugnier at loria.fr Nicolas.Saugnier at loria.fr
Fri Jun 19 18:08:56 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have built successfully the example utils/api-demos/mainSimple.cpp,
and adapted it to read STEP files and mesh it in 2D. It works fine but
the generated mesh has very small triangles compared to the one
obtained by doing the same process with Gmsh GUI (loading the STEP
file, Mesh>2D).

It seams that I could use "fields" to influence the size of the
generated triangles, but it looks way too powerful for what I need and
I didn't catch how to use it. Is there a way to set the
"characteristic length factor" from C++ , or something similar ?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Nicolas SAUGNIER