[Gmsh] Gmsh installation on Linux

g.yu at qmul.ac.uk g.yu at qmul.ac.uk
Thu Jul 9 13:05:57 CEST 2009

Dear All,

I would like to use Gmsh for my research project but have problems
with its installation on my Linux machine.

I unzipped the downloaded file and followed instructions in README but
got error message as shown below:

./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for ar... /usr/bin/ar
checking for fltk-config... no
configure: error: Could not find fltk-config. Try --with-fltk-prefix?

Could anyone please guide me how to go through this?

Many thanks.