[Gmsh] Skin Plugin

David Colignon David.Colignon at ulg.ac.be
Fri Aug 7 09:02:59 CEST 2009

Mike B. wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for replying. Can you please clarify:
>
> 1. The manual says a `view' is a scalar data field. Can I generate such
> a field from my geometry?.

No

What is the element type generated by this
> plugin?.
>
> 2. I have a complicated geometry comprised of many small `patches'
> (small ruled surfaces). I can create a surface mesh for this shape and
> save his mesh. I then want to define a control volume around the shape
> and  mesh this volume (and its faces). If I load the surface mesh
> wouldn't it be mis-aligned with the volume mesh ( for a quadrilateral
> touching the surface, its node on the surface may not collocate with a
> node of triangle on the surface)?

Why generate the surface mesh, save it, and reload it to embed it in a control volume ?

Just define your control volume in the same .geo file where you define your surface, and mesh all at the same time. But
you have to be careful if the surface touch the surface of the control volume, you cannot have overlapping surfaces.

Cheers,

Dave